Certain consumer product/fashion house collaborations never meet the mark, but every once in a while someone comes along and creates a fabulous fusion worth celebrating. Enter in Cynthia Rowley who teamed up with Band-Aid and created an assortment of bandages that are far from the blah or embarrassing ones we have come to know. We all love the grown-up versions of childhood classics! $10 will get you 20 assorted bandages (personal favorites include the white bandage covered in a rainbow of sequins and the smaller precious stone bandages) and 10% of the proceeds from each sale goes to Design Ignites Change.
Time to dress up that boo boo.
[all photos courtesy of ban.do & http://www.shopbando.com]
Today marks the second birthday for the fun lovin’ company ban.do and all the lovely ladies who work there. To celebrate the girls are offering 10% off every non-sale purchase made today (yes brides, that is opportunity knocking to tell you now is the time to get that headpiece you’ve been dying for)! While visiting, be sure to check out the sale section full of pretty little things and the hilariously sweet blog (examples of why this self-described “happy place” is such a must read here, here and here).
Cheers to all things fun for your head!
Still on (and with no plans to come down from) my recent Cocktail Ring high I about toppled over when I came across these semi-precious beauties from the talented Brazilian-based jeweler Jack Vartanian. The fine elegance combined with an apparent Art Deco element make these baubles perfect for evenings out and undoubtedly abiding.
If you like it, put a ring on it.
The greatest thing about Las Vegas is that anything goes…anything. Because of this unwritten but widely understood rule, I constantly have the desire to step out of my hotel room dressed head to toe in pure decadence. And while I try my best to pull out all the stops, my budget remains a looming restraint.
Enter in RentTheRunway.Com – the newest addition to the fashion rental world. What I love about the site is the designer and couture duds I lust after, would save years to afford and then likely only wear once or twice are available for a four day rental at a fraction of the price…and by fraction, I mean practically nothing. For example, this lust-worthy Halston Heritage piece – most known for its appearance on Carrie Bradshaw in SATC2 – is available for rent for a mere $50 (regularly $495)!
Even better, the kind folks at InStyle Magazine have teamed up with RentTheRunway.Com to offer readers 20% off…on top of the already smashing low prices.
Love it. Wear it. Return it… Guilt-free.
The joys of packing for a favorite destination is just that…a pure joy. I leave for Las Vegas in a few short days (they just don’t seem to pass quickly enough) & my number one to-do is to pack. But what would typically seem a daunting task is not. I carefully pull, admire and lust over all the incredible Vegas-esque duds I have acquired over the years then figure out how to best fold, hang and stuff them into several lovely luggage pieces. The goal here is to pack efficiently and neatly, then to arrive in style.
My must haves for Sin City summer travel:
1. Several years ago I cam across the most fantastic set of Diane Von Furstenberg luggage from our local TJ Maxx. The elegance of these traveling pieces make it that much more fun when jet setting! I continue to stop in from time to time and peruse the luggage selection and see if I can add to my DVF collection.
2. A scarf is an absolute travel must (use as a blanket, wrap around hair, etc). I am currently obsessing over this Alexander McQueen.
3. These cute Rebecca Minkoff pouches double as transportation for your costume jewelry during the day then transition wonderfully into clutches during the evening!
4. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. And do so from an eco-friendly, gilded vessel such as this SIGG.
5. “Any of you boys seen an aircraft carrier around here?” You cannot go wrong with these classic, eternally and universally fashionable Ray Ban Aviators. Ms. Garcia – I could not agree more!
6. I use my travel time to catch up on my reading – books, magazines, whatever it may be. However I hate using my purse as a carryall for these goods (which tend to be bulky) so this Anya Hindmarch magazine tote should do the trick just fine!
Viva Las Vegas!
Earlier this year I came across Marfa, Texas (thanks to this lovely Texan) and was instantly captivated by its unmatched funkiness. Seeing these Gray Malin prints (on sale for $69 each) of a gas station turned Prada storefront from One Kings Lane makes me want to visit that much more. The prints will have to do for now. Deep in the heart of…Marfa.
This spring has brought a flurry of pregnant people into my life and they continue to pop up left and right (this fall will ultimately result in a flurry of baby showers). To celebrate, because cocktails will not do and giving white/yellow/green baby gifts at this stage of the game is not that gratifying, I am leaning towards more cheeky gifts such as these (not to worry prego pals…the practical gifts will be bestowed upon you later this year).
1. Hot Mama Towel Set ($22) 2. Keep Calm and Carry On Art ($79.95) 3. Living the Minivan Dream Coaster and Napkins ($8.95 & $5.95) 4. The Little Prince Pop-Up Book ($35) and Madeline ($12.95)